Thursday, July 22, 2010

Where are you Lupe Fiasco?


After releasing 2 critically acclaimed albums, crossing over as a mainstream success, and creating a respectable fanbase, you'd think he wouldn't face such a large problem like releasing a completed album. Of course, he's another victim to music industry politics as Atlantic Records (to which Lupe belongs to) won't release his upcoming album "Lazers" until he releases a commercial single they are happy with.

Maybe I'm a bit naive to this whole ordeal since it frequently happens to artists...
but the fact that it's knowingly completed and not being listened to, kinda sucks

...maybe they're hoping he'll strike gold like how labelmate B.o.B. did?

(Click here for irony of that whole twist)

There's even an online petition (i'm #5378) for this whole fiasco --- hohoho puns!

Anyways I'll just be patiently waiting like every other Lupe fan...
For now, check out Mr. Fiasco's latest works below:

"I'm Beamin"



Janelle Monae - "Tightrope (Wondamix)"
Ft. B.o.B & Lupe Fiasco

2 comments:

Hora said...

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not a fan of the album. It seems to me like it's more historical - the record companies wanted a collection of songs so they could sell the record easier or something. I don't think they still need to batch songs like that these days, but I guess it's just tradition. I just wish that we could download every song as it's done (unless, of course, it's the type of album that needs every song to work, like Pink Floyd's the Wall for example).

Anyway, I'm tired. Good luck at hockey lol

andehhh said...

Interesting. Personally I love the concept of the album and I believe it's more then just collective work for selling purposes or just tradition. From an artist standpoint I can understand why an album is important...compare it to say a novel. And compare each track to say a chapter. Honestly, I don't even like listening to leaked tracks of an album I anticipate...kinda ruins it for me (like seeing 10 minutes of the middle of a movie). Listening to an album in it's entirety the way the artists intends it to be listened to is much more pleasing to me imo.

Anyways, that's my rebuttal lol

Post a Comment