Thursday, August 5, 2010

MASH "soda-pop" is the shiz

Speaking of hot weather, nothing is more refreshing then a light, refreshing, carbonated drink to quench your thirst. I had the pleasure of tasting one of the greatest "soda-pops" I've ever tried about a week ago...

It's like a tastebud orgasm, in a bottle.



Shaped in an unusual 591mL bottle with a wide-mouth opening, I found this sweet gem at a local produce market out by the highway in Richmond. The reason why I quote the "soda-pop" when describing this beverage is because MASH doesn't describe itself as a "soda pop", but more of a "carbonated water-drink". I'll let you read the informative, yet honest, label the company describes its product...

"It's not 100% juice, it's not soda-pop, nor will you get energy or vitamins from it..."

It comes in 4 flavours: Grapefruit Citrus Zing, Lemon Peel Ginger Root, Pommegranate Blueberry, and Ripe Mango Blood Orange. I opted for the Lemon Peel Ginger Root flavour (which is essentially ginger ale) and man was it delicious. Maybe I'm overhyping it because I was really thirsty at that point, but it was truely unlike any other carbonated drink I tried. It doesn't leave your teeth gritty from the sugar, it's not overly sweet, and the carbonation is just right.

If you're a soda-pop/carbonated water enthusiast, or just plain thirsty for a non-massed produced bubbly drink, I recommend you give this Australian beverage brand a shot (if you're ever so lucky to find it somewhere, as it appears to be a rarity in grocery store and deli shop fridges).

Check out their website for more: http://www.boylansmash.com.au/

2 comments:

Hora said...

It sucks that I dunno if you ever reply to my comments, but next time we go to LA we cannot miss going to Galco's.

andehhh said...

Subscribe to my comments RSS?

oh and I actually found out Urban Fare sells this haha. had it last weekend and tried the Ripe Mango Blood Orange, it was tasty. And yes we should def check out Galco's, which reminds me of this cool clip i saw on youtube about the owner of that store...i guess i'll blog it

Post a Comment